If you are facing a problem with your alarm door sensor, first of all, you need to find the reason to fix it. Below are 4 common problems with door alarm sensors, including the causes and solutions that can help you.
Problem #1: False alarms
False alarms refer to instances where an alarm system or warning mechanism is triggered without the presence of an actual threat or emergency. Such occurrences can lead to unnecessary panic, wasted resources, and decreased trust in alarm systems.
According to Northeast Security Solutions, one of the most common causes of false alarms is when the gap between the contact and magnet of the door sensor increases due to weather-related wear and tear, causing the magnet to no longer “sense” a connection. Other causes of false alarms include motion detectors placed too near a heating or cooling vent, loose doors or windows, and incorrectly placed motion sensors.
To fix a door sensor, you can check the cause and implement some solutions such as:
- Clean your device and make sure the sensor and magnet are aligned and that they haven’t been altered.
- Verify that the spacing between the sensor and magnet is no further than 1″ when the door/window is closed.
- Replace Batteries
- If the batteries have already been replaced, replace the sensor.
False alarms refer to instances where an alarm system or warning mechanism is triggered without the presence of an actual threat or emergency
Problem #2: No response
This phenomenon appears when the door sensor does not give any warning about the unusual opening and closing of the door. This causes many safety risks when you cannot recognize danger.
A non-working door sensor can be the result of many different factors. If this is wireless door magnetic sensor (cảm biến từ gắn cửa không dây), a dead battery may be the reason your door sensor is no longer working. Many panels will notify you if the battery in your wireless door sensor is running low so that you can replace it before it fails. Another cause of a malfunctioning wireless door sensor is that it may be out of range of the panel. In addition, there are some other causes such as: Loose wiring, damaged sensors, interference from other electronic devices.
Some solutions you can do to fix this problem:
- Check the batteries and replace them if necessary.
- Make sure the wiring is secure and that there are no loose connections.
- Test the sensor in a different location to see if it is working. If it is, the problem may be with the original installation location.
- Move the sensor away from other electronic devices, such as microwaves, cordless phones, and routers.
The thieves can easily sneak into the house if the smart door lock does not issue a warning
Problem #3: Malfunctioning indicator
The door alarm sensor does not show the correct status of the door, such as open or closed. It could be due to a faulty contact, a gap that is too large between the two contacts, loose wires, or a damaged cable. Here are some recommended troubleshooting steps to take:
- Check for any metal doors, windows, or frames that may be interfering with the sensor’s signal.
- Check the status of the sensor light to see if it is functioning properly .
- Check the alarm settings to ensure that the sensor is properly configured.
- Check the placement of the sensor to ensure that it is properly aligned with the magnet.
You should also check the compatibility and configuration of the sensor and the smart door lock. The sensor and the smart door lock (khóa cửa điện tử thông minh) should be compatible and configured with each other. If they are not, the sensor may not recognize the lock status and show the wrong status. You can check the compatibility and configuration of the sensor and the smart door lock by using the app or the web portal of your system. You can find more details on how to use the app or the web portal on [August] website.
Problem #4: Fast draining batteries
If you notice that your door alarm sensor is using up batteries too quickly, there could be a few reasons for that: The sensor is being triggered too often, the sensor is damaged, the batteries are not high quality….
To fix this problem, you can try some of the following solutions:
- Try to reduce the number of times the sensor is triggered by adjusting the sensitivity setting or moving the sensor to a less active location.
- Replace damaged sensor.
- Use high-quality batteries in the sensor.
If you notice that your door alarm sensor is using up batteries too quickly, there could be a few reasons for that
Common door alarm sensor problems can be frustrating, but they are often easy to troubleshoot and fix. By following the tips in this post, you can quickly identify the source of the problem and get your door alarm sensor working properly again. If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, contact the manufacturer of your door alarm system for further assistance.
|AKIA SMART HOME is a reputable provider of smart home devices from renowned brands such as Xiaomi, Aqara, and Yeelight. With a wide range of products, including hubs, smart sensors, smart switches, smart door locks, smart plugs, and more, AKIA SMART HOME helps you transform your home into a modern, safe, and convenient space.
Smart your home – Enjoy your life!